Cash, Cashier’s Checks, Official Checks, or Money Orders can be accepted 24/7 at the main transaction window located in the lobby of the Criminal Justice Center (CJC). No personal checks will be accepted and no change is available to be given. You may also send money by Western Union.
Persons desiring to send funds to an inmate’s account at the Criminal Justice Center may send the following:
- Cashiers Checks
- Official Checks
- Money Orders
- No Cash / No Personal Checks
- Western Union
Address the envelope as follows:
El Paso County Criminal Justice Center
Attn: Bookkeeping – Inmate Funds
2739 East. Las Vegas St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Envelopes with inmate funds will have the following restrictions:
- No personal correspondence or pictures, only the above-mentioned financial documents.
- Money orders and checks must be filled out in their entirety and payable to EPSO with inmate’s full booking name and ID number (this is the inmate’s number which begins with the letter “A”).
- The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office recommends cash never be sent through the US Mail.
- Each envelope received must contain one deposit for one inmate. Multiple deposits in the same envelope will not be accepted.
Western Union Transfers:
Western Union Walk-In Cash Payments
- Call 1-800-325-6000 or visit www.westernunion.com for a participating agent location.
- The Blue Western Union Quick Collect form must be filled out.
- The following information will be needed to complete the transaction:
Pay to: El Paso County Sheriff
Code City/State: COEPSO CO
Sender’s Account #: Include inmate’s ID# & last name
Attention: Include inmate’s first & last name and date of birth
Online and phone payments with Credit or Debit cards are not accepted at this time.
Please contact GTL Advance Pay Service Department at (866) 230-7761 to set up pre-paid phone accounts.